Air conditioner compressors play a vital role in the functioning of your air conditioning unit. They are responsible for compressing refrigerant gas and circulating it throughout the team, allowing it to cool your home effectively. An issue with the compressor can cause your AC to malfunction, leading to discomfort and higher energy bills.
At Ellis County Climate Control, our expert technicians are equipped to handle any issue you may encounter with your compressor. From routine maintenance to complex repairs, we are dedicated to providing our customers with reliable and efficient solutions to their AC problems. As a result, you can rely on our HVAC contractors for air conditioning in Waxahachie, TX, and the surrounding areas.
Here are nine common issues associated with air conditioner compressors:
- Noisy Operation: A loud compressor can indicate a problem with the unit’s motor or fan. A loose belt or debris can also cause it in the team.
- Leaks: Leaks in the compressor can result in refrigerant loss, causing your air conditioner to run inefficiently and have higher energy bills.
- Overheating: Overheating the compressor can occur due to a clogged air filter or a malfunctioning fan. It can lead to significant damage to the unit if not addressed promptly.
- Tripped Circuit Breaker: If the compressor trips the circuit breaker, it can signal an electrical problem. Various factors, including a faulty wiring connection or a worn-out compressor motor, can cause it. If you live in Gilbert, AZ, and need air conditioner repair, you can contact our professionals immediately to avoid further damage to the unit.
- Reduced Cooling Performance: If the compressor is not functioning correctly, it can lower cooling performance. It can be due to a refrigerant leak, a dirty air filter, or a faulty thermostat.
- Burning Smells: A burning smell from your AC can indicate a problem with the compressor. Overheating, electrical issues, or a refrigerant leak can cause it.
- Short Cycling: Short cycling refers to the compressor turning on and off rapidly. It can be due to various factors, including a dirty air filter, a malfunctioning thermostat, or a clogged condenser.
- Frozen Coils: Frozen coils can occur when the airflow is restricted or the refrigerant is low. It can result in reduced cooling performance and increased energy bills.
- Compressor Failure: In extreme cases, the compressor may fail, resulting in the air conditioning unit not functioning. It can be due to various factors, including age, wear and tear, and lack of maintenance.
If you experience any of these issues with your AC compressor, it must be inspected and repaired promptly. Our technicians can also provide AC service in Waxahachie, TX, and the surrounding areas to ensure your unit functions at its best. Contact us today for reliable and quality HVAC services in the area!
Schedule A Professional Service Today
At Ellis County Climate Control, we understand the importance of a functioning air conditioning unit. Therefore, we provide our customers with fast and reliable solutions to their AC problems. We also offer AC installation in Waxahachie, TX, and the surrounding areas. Contact us to understand our services, and schedule an appointment today!